What do we mean by "The Gospel"
- Very simply - the Gospel (good news) is that God so loved the human race that He gave His only begotten Son to be born as the man Jesus Christ. The God-man lived a perfect life without sin and died on the cross to pay the penalty for the sins of those who would believe on him. (Read John 3:16 )
- He triumphantly rose again from the dead and returned to heaven. There He remains with the Father until He shall come again to this earth in power and glory to judge the living and the dead.
- To believe on Christ means to put your trust in who He is and what He has done for you as your Saviour and your Redeemer and Lord.
- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved! ( Acts 16:31 )
- In order to have this "saving faith" one must be "born again" by the power of the Holy Spirit. The next question is, "How can a man be born again?" ( Read John's Gospel Chapter 3 )
Only by the Grace of God
- God commands ALL men everywhere to repent. That is, to turn from all sin - all that we know is displeasing to God and to turn to Him for grace to overcome sin in our lives. Repentance and faith go together and are the gift of God. We cannot MERIT salvation - that is to say, no one is good enough to earn their salvation. Salvation is all of grace. GRACE is defined as "God's unmerited or undeserved favour" .
Read (in the Bible) Ephesians 2: verses 8 and 9.
"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of (good) works, lest anyone should boast."
- "Saving" faith is in the finished (completed) work of Christ in His life, sufferings and death on the cross, as one's substitute - paying the penalty for one's sins - and in His resurrection (rising again) from the dead. This is the God-given faith by which one is saved.
The Bible makes it abundantly clear - either one is saved unto eternal life - to be with God in the glory and joy of His presence forever - or one is lost and destined to dwell in outer darkness away from God forever.
"He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. “ John 3:18 (NKJ)
“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved!” Acts 16:31
If you need further help in coming to an assurance of salvation - please contact us. You can do so in complete confidence that what you communicate will not be shared with any others.
One of the greatest joys granted to us on earth, is to be used of God to bring another soul into the way of salvation. If you already believe on Jesus Christ for eternal life, will you join us in this glorious task?
Your prayers, your active help, your giving will reap eternal rewards.